Thursday, April 7, 2011

Swiss Alps


The Swiss Alps have some of the most vigorous back-country snowboarding trails in the world. I would love to fly out to the Alps, ride a helicopter to the top of a mountain, and cruise the entire way down on my Burton Guru. Before I continue my rant, please let me explain something. On a snowboard, the more dangerous something appears to be, the more fun it actually is. It is an unwritten rule for all snowboarders. In my mind, nothing can be more fun on a snowboard than the back country of a huge mountain. The back country is a term used by skiers and snowboarders to describe areas of mountainous terrain that are not technically groomed to be trails, but simply snow covered areas which have been unaltered by human actions. 
The Swiss Alps are pretty much the utopian mountain chain for this type of snowboarding. The snow is so fresh, fluffy, and pure that is makes it almost irresistible for any experienced rider to pass up. 
Maybe when graduate and actually have time to fly out to Switzerland to snowboard, I'll actually get to experience the adrenaline of flying down the back country of a mountain and grabbing some huge air off a cliff. A week on the Swiss Alps would truly be memorable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment