Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Forte São Luiz - Niteroi - Rio de Janeiro

Where to begin. This is Brazil! It is one of the largest countries in the world, filled with a ton of culture, wildlife, fun, and (my favorite) soccer. In Brazil, soccer is king - this makes it one of my top places to travel to in the future. Why? Because I love soccer and Brazil is also the site of the next FIFA World Cup in 2014. For those of you who do not follow soccer, the rest of the world gets together every four years to watch the best players compete for the title of world's best team. This leads to major economic gains for the host country. These gains are generated through the influx in tourism during a one month event. Countries will spend billions in order to host a World Cup. The important part about this is that a high percentage of revenue will be generated through celebration.

What will I do? I plan on attending the next World Cup in Brazil and cheer on my Italians as they play. Afterwards will be a series of slurred speech and staggered steps. I can not wait.

5 comments:

  1. Good idea. I think people are looking for travel tips, etc. Are you planning to post more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog idea. Very positive note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic is pretty sick and after reading your description of Brazil I think it would be a nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world cup is bar none my favorite sporting event. I sometimes wish it was more frequent, but it makes sense its every four years. I would love to go to a game/be there one day. I thought Brazil was a great choice, cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is awesome. I never been anywhere outside the United States but after seeing that picture, going to Brazil seems really cool. The photos you have are really good but maybe add some stuff to the background. Other than that, the places you want to visit look awesome and I hope you get to go to them.

    ReplyDelete